Saturday, March 6, 2010

Jewelry Tree Craftiness

Look at what I made today! I cut a tree branch from my yard, spray painted it black, set it in some plaster of paris, let the plaster dry, and then I used some river rocks to cover up the plaster. Total cost = less than $20. Now I can actually see what earrings I have! Sadly, this is only about 1/4 of my earring collection.

Helpful hint: Apparently plaster of paris gets very very hot. Therefore, my porcelain container cracked on the corners but it's still holding together for now. The besty saw it last night and requested one for her upcoming birthday. I think I'll put less plaster in the container this time and see if it doesn't crack.

3 comments:

  1. This is really clever :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good idea! sticks are good for so many things.

    ReplyDelete